It is very important that you read, and understand the following rules & information posted below. These will also be posted at the convention. These rules are in place to ensure the safety and fun of the event! All attendees, volunteers, and press are expected to follow these rules. Kumi Con pass prices are $15 for adults and $5 for kids. Passes can be bought online or at the door.
Purchasing a pass to Kumicon gives you all the rights and privileges needed to attend and enjoy the con however, it does not give you permission to access staff only areas or engage in disruptive behavior. Kumicon aims to be a family friendly event with events aimed at those of all ages. Thus, the following behavior is prohibited:
- Fighting (fake or real)
- Impeding Traffic Flow
- Offensive Behavior
- Harassment (Of ANY kind)
- Public Intoxication
With events like these, lines can be long. We understand the frustration of standing in long lines. We ask that you do not take your frustration out on fellow attendees or our staff. If your follow the rules below, it will make the lines go by very smoothly!
- No Jumping in Line
- You will not be allowed to hold places in line
- Please do not block entrances or exits (this is a safety measure)
Badges can be purchases at the Registration Station. Badges will be distinguished in levels with strips on the back for the type of badge level purchased. There are 4 levels of badges:
- Regular Badge: Clearance to all panels, gameplays, anime screenings,dealers room, and artists' alley. Entrance into all contests and tournaments as a viewer.
- Contest Badge: Clearance to all panels, gameplays, anime screenings, dealers room, and artists' alley. Entrance into the Cosplay & AMV contest as a contestant.
- Tournament Badge: Clearance to all panels, gameplays, anime screenings, dealers room, and artists' alley. Entrance into all tournaments as a player.
- All In Badge: Clearance to all panels, gameplays, anime screenings, dealers room, and artists' alley. Entrance into all contests and tournaments as a contestant.
18+ events are for those who are eighteen or above only. Please have identification ready. NO EXCEPTIONS.
No signs are permitted unless part of a cosplay, and those signs can NOT be offensive or possess offensive language.
We understand that some cosplays include weapons. However, for the safety of staff, and attendees these weapons are not allowed:
- NO Live Metal Steel. (Live metal steel includes swords, knives, shurikens, metal studs or chains, and metal armor)
- No guns or projectile launchers. (Airsoft guns, BB guns, pellet guns, Bows, Stun gins, Tasers) ONLY EXCEPTIONS are prop guns or anything easily recognized as a toy.
- No paddles.
- No Nunchaku of any kind.
- If it is illegal in Chatham County, it is Illegal at the convention.
- Staves, bo sticks, boken, shinai, and wooden swords will be permitted as long as they are handled responsibly and meet all other criteria.
- Fake, prop, or made-up weapons (i.e. made of tissue paper, plaster of Paris, cloth) are permitted if they are safe and not dangerous to others around you.(Examples of dangerous conditions include, but are not limited to, items that may trip others, items that can snag on people or surroundings, items that obstruct doors and hallways)
- Prop weapons shall be limited to less than six feet, six inches (6’6″) in height and less than fifty pounds (50lbs) in weight.
- Any metal chains are to be less than three feet (3’) in length. This includes, but is not limited to chain wallets or any non-costume chains as well.
- Do not swing weapons around in public places or pose a hazard to others (including throwing pokeballs at others). Misuse will result in confiscation until the end of the con.
- Any weapon purchased in the dealer's room must be boxed/bagged.
- All weapons brought into the convention must be checked in and approved or rejected by the designated staff members.
- Any weapons posing a safety hazard must be removed from the convention.
- When in doubt check with staff. Even if you are not stopped, it still needs to be checked in.
More Rules & Information will be posted closer to the Convention.